Tuesday 6 November 2012

2010 Report Card: B+, perfection isn't necessary [Dec.10]


Well, I just took a little peak at my previous weblog self domination to see how I fared this year against my resolutions.

Since I started the year unemployed and about 3 months away from being entirely broke and without the means to pay for a roof over my head, and I avoided that fate, it's been a pretty good year.

But to review:

Objective No.1: Detox in January. Well, I did that. It made me realise that I can have fun without alcohol, and I've definitely been drinking a lot less in 2010 than I did in 2009. I also discovered that pain hurts a lot! But I also found out that I do enjoy a drink and everything in moderation doesn't hurt. It's moderation that counts. (So, now I'm excessive moderately). ;-)

Objective No.2: Be able to run for 30 mins by the time I'm 37. Hmmmm... well, that didn't happen. Maybe in 2011.

Objective No.3: Be financially solvent, have a job I enjoy and have had a proper holiday. Well, I'm solvent. I enjoy my job most of the time. I haven't had a proper holiday, but I have had to move house twice which has used up holiday time. And I've reassessed my priorities, and I'm saving for bigger things.

Objective No.4: Better relationships with my family and friends; don't let kink dominate so much. I think I've done well with that; I didn't really develop any further interests, but I have been working hard. I think whilst there's still work to be done with my family, I feel calmer about how those relationships are going. And the one other interest (see no.5) takes up a lot of my time.... :)

Objective No.5: Be in a fulfilling relationship. Oh yay! :-D

I've had a great year. Ups and downs, but I've learnt to have more perspective when I have my downs. I might say it myself, but I think I've grown. I am hugely blessed in my friendships and my relationships. And whilst I'm always wary of what a new year might bring, I'm looking forward to 2011, the bad as well as the good.

I've made a new resolution too; I'm only going to make one resolution for 2011 and that's a simple one: try to make the good choices every day, and don't beat myself up if I make the wrong ones (there is someone else who does that now). And if in doubt, ask what Elvis* would do... :-D

(* usually that would be: kiss the girl, deep fry the food...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.