Tuesday 6 November 2012

Some Songs [Feb.10]


ust contain a hidden power, an ability to hit you like a punch in the stomach, out of nowhere, taking you back to a time, a place, a feeling and suddenly you find yourself in tears, in shock, wondering, how did you get from there to here, to now? Did it slip through your fingers, did you choose it? Was it right? Is it better?

Way back I actually posted the lyrics of this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok4SRFbxALQ, it's a song that holds a lot of meaning to me, tonight my not so genius mix had me in surprised tears when it came on... It's the song that takes me back to my marriage and all the broken dreams from that time, when I was an entirely different person. I don't want to go back, but the song still has the power....

Some songs just do that... When I was in detox, getting rid of all the crap, I forced myself to listen to the painful songs to accelerate the healing... It worked. I can now listen to songs like Me and A Gun without a panic attack. I can listen to the Fray and not want to collapse in tears. But sometimes, they sneak in and sucker-punch you when you're not paying attention...

Although, the ones that make you smile, that make you laugh, that make you feel invincible, they exist too, and they make up for the others... Fairground Attraction's Perfect, now I'd like to listen to that next! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.