Monday 5 November 2012

Cage aux Folles [Jan.09]


I am what I am

I am my own special creation.

So come take a look,

Give me the hook or the ovation.

It's my world that I want to take a little pride in,

My world, and it's not a place I have to hide in.

Life's not worth a damn,

'Til you can say, "Hey world, I am what I am."

 

I am what I am,

I don't want praise, I don't want pity.

I bang my own drum,

Some think it's noise, I think it's pretty.

And so what, if I love each feather and each spangle,

Why not try to see things from a diff'rent angle?

Your life is a sham 'til you can shout out loud

I am what I am!

   


I am what I am

And what I am needs no excuses.

I deal my own deck

Sometimes the ace, sometimes the deuces.

There's one life, and there's no return and no deposit;

One life, so it's time to open up your closet.

Life's not worth a damn 'til you can say,

"Hey world, I am what I am!"

 


Just saw this tonight..  Brilliant!  (Graham Norton starts next week, so this isn't an endorsement of his performance...)  The outgoing cast were truly magnificent.  And its a story that seen through the lens of the scene strikes a different chord than when i saw the Birdcage way back when i thought vanilla was just my favourite flavour of ice cream....

Wish we could get the corset backdrop for TtV...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.