Tuesday 6 November 2012

A Pervert Abroad [Oct.11]


Right now I'm in San Francisco, and I'm mightily disappointed. With the history of sexual liberation that San Francisco has, you'd have really thought that in a face/off of kinky shopping, San Francisco would win against all comers. Not so. San Francisco fails.

On the other hand, I have learnt that in SF, the gay scene and the BDSM scene cross over in a very healthy way, in a way which Surrender attempted but actually failed to achieve, but which is core to the SF gay scene. Today I went on my kink shopping expedition to find Madame S, found instead Mr S Leather and was impressed to find a huge, I mean, HUGE, store dedicated to the gay man and BDSM. Leather, latex, toys - mostly of the anal variety, all were there. Just nothing for women. Even the fucking machine looked like it was designed for the man anatomy (arse) not the cunt...

And then, dinner with my (gay) friend who I haven't seen in over a decade... Him: what have you been doing today. Me: shopping. Him: Oh yes, your area has some good shops. Me: oh, I also walked up to 8th to check out a boutique I'd heard of but it wasn't really there anymore. Him: oh, you mean Mr S Leather.. Me: oh, outed... ;-)

Apparently, he's had sex there in the changing rooms. But doesn't consider himself kinky.... (And before this conversation, he didn't know I was...)

So, yes, I asked where Madame S was and they said only online. I said, where can I get fet clothes for women in SF, they said nowhere, only online... across the road, Leather Etc, had some cheap corsets and 3, 5 & 7 wheel pin wheels.. but otherwise was uninteresting to the female pervert.... (I did have to buy a 5 wheel pinwheel though... the 7 wheel was too heavy, and the 3 wheel not different enough...).

Which made me slightly disappointed that I hadn't checked out the kink stores in Seattle. Which even made the '10 things' lists in the Seattle guide. So perhaps I should have checked them out... But time had been tight, and I'd been certain that SF would have the best of kinkery the West Coast could offer...

I did visit Wicked Grounds, a coffee shop on 8th & Folsom. The coffee was good, and it was lovely to hear the spanking coming from the back of the store, and see the bare bottom getting redder... But it was no CCK. Maybe it was the cultural difference but they seemed standoff-ish to me...

So, although I didn't give Seattle a chance to redeem the United States in the kink-off, Vancouver wins hands-down... Deadly Couture in Gastown was amazing. I was there for ages, chit-chatting with the girls, doing an almost fashion show in all their latex dresses, as they got more and more off the hooks for me to try on... The designer even made alterations to the dress I eventually brought and delivered it to my hotel that same night.... They deliver to the UK, and they are lovely.. I would recommend them anytime...

There won't be time for any further kinky shopping or kinkery. I will be a proper tourist for the next few days, back Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.