Tuesday 6 November 2012

2011 questions on the year [Dec.11]


2011 in 40 Questions
My version of 2011 questions
1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
  • Hmmmm....
  • Walked in front of maybe up to 5,000 people, leading the way at SlutWalk London. I needed to feel that empowerment.
  • Told the man I loved to marry the woman he loved.
  • Took total conscious control of my own life and didn't apologise for it.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No. I am thinner by about a stone. I'm not fitter. At the start of this year, I was feeling pretty contented & smug actually, and then life threw some curve balls at me... New Year's resolutions stink. I have goals now but not resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but lots of them are pregnant. And I want to be.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thankfully.
5. What countries did you visit?
USA, Canada, France and Wales.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
To be a mother.
7. What date(s) from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
  • February 5th - broke up with S.
  • April 10th – it always is, I'd like to forget.
  • June 11th - SlutWalk London
  • November 24th - promotion at work finally made public... :)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Got promoted. And didn't kill myself. (early part of the year did nearly kill me, which totally surprised me, and glad it didn't happen...)
9. What was your biggest failure?
I'm still really lazy and prefer to sit on my sofa and watch TV than do exercise and get fit...
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing too bad :)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I have some wonderful friends, who know who they are, who helped me through in their own wondrous ways. One particular man took a particular chance on a girl who he thought would be 'difficult' and I think we've had an amazingly interesting journey of exploration together. x
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The rioters. I kind of understand. But not why they needed to set fire to a van outside my window or kill that poor man down the road.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Firttery. I must stop. I'm decluttering at the moment and it's upsetting how much I actually forgot I bought...
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My holiday, I needed it. Two weeks away in Canada and USA, mostly seeing friends. I'm going to do more of those kinds of holidays.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
  • Hurt, Johnny Cash.
  • Someone like you, Adele
  • Feeling Good, Muse
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
Sadder... but then my happiness was based on something that didn't last. So, happier? A more realist happy?
ii. Thinner or fatter?
Thinner, by about 1 stone. Not where I wanted to be, but better :)
iii. richer or poorer?
About the same, slightly richer. Which isn't great considering how much I claim to 'save' every month.. but I did just spend on a new bed and on a 3 for 2 deal on sperm... ;-)
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Reminding people I care for that I'm here for them and love them. Hugging.
Sex. I really haven't had enough of that.
Exercising. I need to move more.
Work. I know my friends think I work too hard already, but I need to be indispensable. It's only me, and maybe (hopefully) the little 'un if things work out... I need the salary...
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Eating chocolate, pasta and ice cream.
Sleep. I'm fantastic at sleeping my life away.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family at my brother's place. It was actually quite good. And later, zonked out on my own sofa, watching Strictly Come Dancing and falling asleep before Downton Abbey... Maybe kind of boring, but the best I've had post-divorce.
21. How many one-night stands?
How do you define a one-night stand? :-p There was this one threesome thing but I didn't *actually* have sex... but then saw the ex the next day, which felt kind of wrong in a *very* good way... :)
One. A planned hook up. It had it's moment.
22. What was your favourite TV program?
Too many. Dexter. Sons of Anarchy. Grey's Anatomy. To name a few...
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No. In fact, having met someone in real life that I thought I hated, I now think he's pretty cool.... I think it's best now not to hate people.
24. What was the best book you read?
I loved reading Tipping the Velvet, and it's probably a travesty that I didn't read it sooner, especially since my club was named after it...
There are probably more but I can't think of them, I know I don't read as much as I want to, but I do love my kindle :)
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
  • Jessie J
  • Adele
I know, I'm always late to the party...
26. What did you want and get?
Finally, a place I can call home, that feels like home and I don't want to move from.
A promotion.
Realising that actually I want to be a mother. And I'll do whatever it takes to do it.
27. What was your favourite film of this year?
Since turning my back on film production as a career a few years back, I don't go to the pictures like I used to...
I did enjoy the Girl Trilogy on dvd, Bridesmaids (hilarious and especially that bad sex scene at the start struck too easy a chord...), Black Swan was flawed but could have been brilliant and the Ides of March (I do like George).
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 38. The night before was a Saturday and I had some friends over - we had dinner at a local restaurant first, and then back to mine. There were good beatings. :-) The next day was family lunch and then peer rope (my only of the year). A good birthday weekend of kink :)
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Comfortable shoes. More black. But I've also started introducing colour. I may have gone more goth/emo/girl with dragon tattoo type thing, although mine isn't a wasp on the neck, it's my fairy angel...
31. What kept you sane?
My friends.
Work. There was a point I thought I was working so hard it would kill me, literally. But, in the end, it saved me as I was working too hard to think about being depressed.
Me. In the end, I realised I wanted to be sane, and I chose sanity.
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hmmm... Not really into celebrities. Can't deny I fancy most of the hollywood actor/actress type and especially George (you'll all know by now I do like the older man...) but I don't think there was *one* that I melted more for...
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
SlutWalk and victim blaming. For obvious reasons. But it surprised me how much it affected me three years after the fact. I got really emotionally involved, and needed to, but it did almost kill me, all over again.
Riots. Being right outside my flat didn't help.
Unemployment. I don't think it'll be easy getting over the period of unemployment I had before getting my job almost two years ago. I still feel employment is a fleeting thing, and tenuous at best... It definitely worries me...
34. Who did you miss?
Two lovely friends who've been so dear to me, I lost during the year. One I lost over a misunderstanding and mutual stubborness early in the year. We made it up, but he still seems to be AWOL. Another I lost through a mis-translation (I think) but needs her own time right now, and I'm trying to give it to her. But, if you're reading this, you know I miss you both xxx
35. Who was the best new person you met?
Lots. Or, are they new? Some friendships have been reinforced. others rekindled... And others are just starting...
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
I *can* survive, and I will. It can be done by myself and I don't need anyone else.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I heard that you're settled down / That you found a girl, and you're married now........ / never mind, I'll find someone like you / I wish nothing but the best for you, too
38. What did you learn about yourself this year that surprised you?
That I want to live. I want to live a life that is mine and not someone else's. I want to be a mother and have a child and create something that could be good in this fucked up world...
39. What is your proudest moment/achievement of 2011?
My promotion.
Not cutting myself when things got shit yesterday/last week/last month/for a while...
Realising that I'm lonely sometimes but I don't need to be alone. And I don't need to do things the conventional way.
40. Why exactly are you blogging this on NYE on IC? Do you expect anyone to even bother reading this far down, and if so what do you think their opinion is of you?
It's not NYE yet... I'll probably do my own blog in the next few days (linking this, it's taken for ages to complete), and I like a recollection of the year, what I was thinking, dreaming, hoping...
I never expect anyone to read, it's just a way of getting 'stuff' out there into the ether, done with...
And I don't care what strangers think of me... If you're my friend and you think I'm a total tosspot for writing, then please message me and tell me (I'll delete you), otherwise, if you're a potential beau, take heed (warning: crazy, unhinged female), or if you're a total stranger, just giggle and flick to the next topic of amusement...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.